Friday 29 May 2015

Cross Country writing

I could here the ground crunch under my muddy shoes as I sprinted down the hill. The feeling of my wet shoes made me tingle all over. I could see the finish line 100 meters ahead of me.
The smell of fresh hotdogs met my nose. The taste of bitter fresh mud stained air came to me. That was when IT happened. It was like I was in a photo! I suddenly heard my mum & the other mums cheering for me. The birds stopped chirping, the trees stopped swaying in the slight breeze. I was at the end.

By Holly Griffin.

2 comments:

  1. Amaliah Fitriah (Zahra K's Mom)29 May 2015 at 20:32

    The children seemed like they enjoyed the muddy part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary (Milla's mum)9 June 2015 at 13:56

    Great descriptive writing Holly, and a good description of how it looked to us from the sidelines!

    ReplyDelete